New Figure... Mashers Dr DOOM!

Alright, I treated myself to another Mashers figure, This time, my Fave Villain, Victor Von DOOM! I have missed out on nearly all the figures of Doom, and i loved the face sculpt on this one, so could not wait to snap him up. I ripped him out of the packaging, and....I LOVE him. 
The Sculpt: Doom shares a body and limbs with the other armored Mashers, in this case Iron Patriot, and Iron Man. He has a re-colored version of Thor's cape, and a new head, obviously. And it works. He really looks like a bad ass Villain.
Paint Apps: Doom's torso is green, with a brown belt painted on. there is no sculpting behind the belt, It's 100% paint. his limbs are molded in silver, with green on the shoulder pads. This paint REALLY lifts the figure, and pulls the whole thing together. they could have saved a few bucks by keeping the limbs solid silver, but I'm really glad they didn't. The cape works, it's a simple repaint, but suits both characters well enough. The head LOOKS great, but if i have one LITTLE annoyance, it's the eyes. they are painted red. We all know Doom's eyes are well, eyes. His mask shows his eyes. its a little thing, but it still bugs me.       
All and all its a GREAT figure, and one I'm glad I got. Tied with spiderman as my fave of the range so fair.



Comments

Popular Posts